Am I the only one who loves Killing Floor 1 more than Killing Floor 2 even in 2020?

Been playing Killing Floor one since its day of release. It’s been 11 years and I still love the game. While Killing Floor 2 doesn’t interest me much.

2 Likes

I consider them on a similar footing.

KF1 is a more slow/methodical game, but it is also more difficult in some ways. I like that holdouts are a valid strategy. So far I like its objective mode design more, as well as the sounds used for guns. I like the variety of maps, from wide-open spaces of mountain pass and farm to the tiny cramped space of clandestine, and even a fun game of moonbase where a firebug can just jump above patty and toast him while the team opens fire. Teamwork and things like merching shine really well, and welding is genuinely useful when holding out and positioning. Medic and Commando had dumb requirements, and I’d include support if unwelding aperture’s golden potato door didn’t exist.

KF2 I like the skill system, the movement, and the variety of viable weaponry. Solo is a lot more reasonable/balanced, you can use any perk and it is viable. A bit lacking in difficulty. There’s also more variety in available bosses.

I have more to say about KF1 due to its various unique traits and “finished” state. KF2 will probably be developing for a while longer.

1 Like

I like both a lot, but prefer KF1 if I’m honest, even though they are pretty different. I just find KF1 was harder, but also the player base was more cooperative generally. Plus, there are a few things I’m not a fan of in KF2, such as the survivalist perk, commando being op, etc.

1 Like

After starting off with KF2 then going to KF1, both make me feel empty like something is missing. I like the weapons and gritty aesthetic of KF1 but I also like the polished movement of KF2. I wish there was some kind of middle ground of polished gameplay without the goofy cartoony aeshetics of the sequel.

After starting off with KF2 then going to KF1, both make me feel empty like something is missing. I like the weapons and gritty aesthetic of KF1 but I also like the polished movement of KF2. I wish there was some kind of middle ground of polished gameplay without the goofy cartoony aesthetics of the sequel.

No, my friends thinks that kf2 is a garbage game and kf1 is an awsome game

Yeah, I’d play KF1 more if the absolute bonkers hitreg wasn’t a thing.

Lack of crosshairs or iffy hitreg I could deal with independently (see: L4D2 and the Source netcoding in all its majesty; I still love it), but both in tandem along with the nonsensical tracers just makes it feel unpolished and not fun to wrangle. Like the entirety of the gunplay is a guessing game at times.

TBH, if TWI released KF: Remastered (prettier coat of paint, fixed hitboxes, maybe xhairs?), I’d be all over that like chicken on rice. Even if they kept the adorably cheesy grindhouse aesthetic.

(C’mon guys, scary? The game where you play as London Bobby cops, a cyborg chicken mascot, not-Harry-Enfield, a really annoying robot, a mall Santa, and not-Mick-Jagger, all voiced by the finest acting money can buy where half the lines are based off a Harry Enfield character? Yeah, naw. But I still love it.)

2 Likes

Kf1 feels a bit like classic to me, still play it more with my Bros couple times a week. Its classic like css, tf2, etc. Can always have fun with it. Plus there are a billion mods and maps to play with.

Hitboxes do suck though and balance is wack